Who can be a member of IFSG?
Any company that operates online sports based games-of-skill (which may include e-sports games, fantasy sports games and casual sports games) or provides technical, marketing, legal, policy-making and other services to operators of sports based games-of-skill are welcome to apply for IFSG membership.
How do I become a member?
Simply fill out a short form on the Membership page OR write to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will reach out to you with details on the membership process.
What are the benefits of IFSG membership?
There are several benefits of being an IFSG member, which include:
1. Being a part of the core committee that helps redefine the online sports games-of-skill industry in India
2. Making vital recommendations to the State and Central Government and other key influencers on policy matters
3. Getting the opportunity to lead the online sports games-of-skill revolution by contesting for IFSG elections
4. Having the power to vote at any IFSG General Meeting
5. Availing the Legal Committee format checks
6. Getting mentioned in IFSG press releases and news
7. Getting access to industry reports, research and expert insights about taxation, laws and more
8. Getting access to best-in-class investment bankers and availing potential fundraising opportunities
9. Building your network by interacting and collaborating with the top Sports Gaming operators in India
What is the membership duration? When does it begin and end?
The duration of an IFSG membership is one year from the date of joining. For example, if you joined IFSG on 1st February, 2018, your membership will expire on January 31, 2019. A Member may renew its membership of IFSG anytime before the expiry date of the same.
How can I access reports/publication/policy representations brought out by IFSG?
The IFSG website will be updated from time to time with all the latest reports, publications, etc. You can download them directly from the website.
How do I register/sign up for upcoming IFSG events?
You can register for upcoming events directly on the IFSG website. Simply fill out a short form and we will get in touch with you.
Is playing on games-of-skill websites legal in India?
Provided that games being offered on the operator’s websites qualify as are Games of Skill, playing on such websites is legal in India Games of skill are excluded from the definition and purview of most gambling legislations and therefore legal to play. A Game of skill is a game or contest in which the winning outcome is predominantly based on the exhibition of superior skill, knowledge and adroitness on the part of the winner relative to other participants in the game.
How do I file a complaint against a Sports Gaming operator/company?
One of IFSG’s top priorities is to protect user interests. You can contact the official IFSG Customer Complaint Cell at email@example.com and share details of the operator and the nature of the complaint.
How do I report offensive/misleading advertising from a particular Sports Gaming operator/company?
Please contact the official IFSG Customer Complaint Cell at firstname.lastname@example.org and share details of the operator along with a photo/screenshot of the advertisement you wish to report.