Anwar comes with a rich and diverse experience of over 20 years in sales and marketing, government affairs and public policy.
In his last assignment as CEO of MAIT from 2012 to 2019, he has immensely contributed to the growth and development of the Association and also strived to create a vibrant ICT Industry. He transitioned MAIT into a proactive organization, painstakingly creating value groups to effectively cater to the needs of the industry. Under his leadership, MAIT is recognized as one of the foremost think tanks on ICT manufacturing and was actively involved with several States, advising setting up Electronics manufacturing and related services.
He held several positions during his tenure at MAIT –
- Member of the Chief Minister’s IT Advisory Council (ITAC), Govt. of Jharkhand
- Member of the Governing Board of the Electronics Sector Skills Council of India (ESSCI) setup by NSDC under Ministry of Finance
- Member of the Indo-Japan Joint Working Group set up by the Ministry of Electronics & IT, Govt. of India.
- Jury member for the Electronics and IT Hardware Awards setup by National Productivity Council under the Ministry of Commerce & Industry, Govt. of India.
- Member of Task Force on Digital India – Indian Language Support on all types of Mobile phones set up by the Ministry of Electronics & IT.
- Member of Apex Body for the National Centre for e-Governance Standards & Technology (NeST) constituted by the Ministry of Electronics & IT.
- Executive Committee Member, Indian National Bar Association (INBA), Public Law Section, which guides administrative executive branches of the state with regard to a class of issues in a manner consistent with law and institutional customs.
With his immense experience earlier, Anwar as a CEO of FIFS, is on a mission to create FIFS as a self-sustainable and self-regulatory organization.